Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Intelligent Design

I was thinking about the whole Intelligent Design debate. And, I'm just pondering out loud here. Correct me if I am wrong, but the Intelligent Design Theory basically states that an intelligent designer purposefully put the stars and planets and galaxies and people and, well, everything, together. That some unknown entity blueprinted the wholeshebangg. That'ss basically it, right?

I happen to believe that God was responsible for this. A quick glance at Genesis 1 and 2 shows this. Feel free to believe what you like.

Please note, the Bible doesn't it say HOW God created everything, just that He did. Besides, it doesn't really matter how He did it. The real question is WHY? I don't want to answer such hefty question for the Big Guy, but it's a very important question.

And, if you really think about it, isn't religion's purpose to answer that question?

I think that, perhaps, that is why Intelligent Design is more so a theory than religion or religion-based. It doesn't attempt to explain WHY a designer would do it. It merely says something bigger than ourselves had to create it all.

Admittedly, I have not done any research on Intelligent Design, so I could very well be wrong and ignorant. Still, I don't know anyone's who has successfully created a universe out of nothing.

No comments: