Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Stage 2


Welcome to Stage 2 of Clean Shave 2007. So what's the big deal I'm making out of something as mundane has shaving? Well, there's many friends who haven't seen me clean shaven. That's dating back to college. I can think of only three times since 1993 that I didn't have some form of whiskers: my first post-college job interview in 1996, "Bye, Bye Birdie" in the summer of 2005, and well, in just a few days. That's it.

I didn't do too much this time; just disconnected the beard and 'stache by the width of my beard trimmer and razor. You can see that it's disconnected in this picture, but you can't really see the mutton chop sideburns since my hair's in the way. As far as the hands, well, I thought it would be funny to have jazz hands in this shot, but it doesn't translate well, does it? I don't know why I thought jazz hands would be funny, especially since "The Scarlet Pimpernel" has no jazz hands in it. Jazz hands are just funny. But, not as funny as a guy my size dancing... in pink chiffon... which is why you need to come see the show.

Click here for tickets and show times. Or keep reading... whichever...

The Belfry presents
The Scarlet Pimpernel
directed by Michael Moyer
Music Direction by Deb Farmer
Choreography by Maggie Ogle
Fight Choreography by Eric Bryant
June 1, 2, 8, 9, 10, 15, 16, 17
Fridays & Saturdays @ 8pm
Sundays @ 2:30pm
Tickets $12 a person
(Cash or check at the door)
Reservations Strongly Advised
(317) 773-1085 (option 2)

Cast List
Percy Blakeney (The Scarlet Pimpernel) - Roger Schmelzer
Marguerite St. Just - Kathleen Horrigan
Chauvelin - Scott Ganyo
Percy's Bounders (The League of the Scarlet Pimpernel):
Ozzy - Michael T. Long
Dewhurst - Bob Penney
Elton - Ted Mast
Farleigh - Dan Hedlund
Hal - Cameron Clark
Ben - Josh Meyer
Armand St. Just - Brett Taylor
The Prince of Wales / St. Cyr - Mike Jones
Marie Grosholtz - Betsy Bullis
Tussaud - Duane Leatherman
Mrs. Jessup - Susie Mohr
Robespierre - R. Brian Noffke
Ensemble:
Katherine Clark, Monica Brothers, Jennifer Hedlund,Dana Russo, Susie Mohr Trevor J. Schiro-Long

I'll try to do better with the picture tomorrow...

1 comment:

Eddie said...

Deb Farmer? BRILLIANT!

And I thought you were violently opposed to your real full name existing on the Webernets...